Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekly update

Leo comes home today!!! It's been 9 days since he left, and while taking care of Tiago was just fine, I don't sleep as well without Leo at home, so I am tired. I don't usually get dark circles under my eyes, but I do now, and my eyes are puffy...which almost never happens!

As for me this week, I spent more time at the gym, trying to work off the baby weight and trying to log in 10,000 steps per day, which is impossible unless I go to the gym or walk to WalMart and then go up and down every single aisle (which gets expensive as you see stuff you want to buy). I've also logged many, many hours watching Home Garden TV, better known as HGTV. I've been getting many ideas of how I want to decorate the interior of my house once we get in!

As I posted before, I spent this week looking up and researching washers/dryers and refrigerators...oh and garage door openers, too. I think I have narrowed it down to a select few. But I am noticing that the washers and dryers are less expensive online, as well as the garage door openers.

Do any of you have experience purchasing appliances online? Of course, I know to research the store selling it to make sure it's real, using my credit card to purchase it for added protection, etc. It's just that even with the 10% off coupons I find for many of the brick and mortar stores, it's still cheaper online (sometimes no sales tax and free shipping).

Tiago has discovered that the crib bumpers are movable, and so in the mornings when I am trying to catch a few more zzz's, I'll look over and he's pulling up the bottom of the bumper so he can look at me through the bars of the crib, then he flashes me his 100 watt smile when I look at him, so it's impossible to ignore him and try to go back to sleep. We are in a 1 bedroom apartment for the time being until we close on the house, that's why he's in our room.

Leo reports that in the middle of the night once, Tiago woke up and started crying...so Leo tried to let him cry it out (BAD IDEA if you are sharing the room with the baby!!!

But he said that Tiago was crying, and he apparently remembered that he could see us if he lifted up the crib bumper, so he did and looked to see if Daddy was going to take care of him. Daddy pretended to be asleep so that he wouldn't encourage Tiago, but then he moved...and Tiago, while holding up the bumper with one hand, started banging on the crib bars with the other while screaming. There was NO way to ignore him after that! Leo said that it reminded him of people in jail banging on the bars of their cells...is that how babies feel? :)

Tiago's favorite tricks:

  • Eating his socks. If the socks are on his feet, he takes them off and eats them.
  • Opening and closing his hands to say Hi or Bye bye (takes a little bit of coaching)
  • Clapping his hands together after waving (probably because I clap after he waves back to me, to praise him)
  • Saying "bah bah bah", blowing raspberries (especially while I am feeding him food, much to my chagrin), screaming high pitched noises just for the heck of it.
  • Rolling all over the floor, especially to the coffee table or the wall, and then using his feet to push off to another location
  • Repositioning himself in his crib...I'll put him down for his nap, and find him a few minutes later on the other side of the crib, facing the other direction...

Of course I know these things are not unique to Tiago....just as my ferret Bueller's antics were not unique to him, but to all ferrets. But that doesn't change the fact that I find them endearing. :)

Speaking of Bueller, he's still in Mexico with our friend Joan. Leo supposed started the paperwork process to import him to the US this week...he had tried to start it before, but the stupid government agency never answers their phone! Hopefully the proces will be complete in time for when Leo's family comes in August so they can bring our first-born "child" with them. :)

0 comments: