Tuesday, May 6, 2008

House Hunting!

Well, since coming back, Leo and I have been looking for a house! We are looking for a home in the Daybreak area of South Jordan.

Daybreak is a master-planned community that is built to take advantage of renewable sources of energy, to be environmentally conscious and also to stand out visually from other communities in Utah. All of the homes are designed to have the garages in the back (I HATE how garages are the main focal points of many homes here), with exteriors designed after classic styles, like Cape Code, Nantucket, Victorian, English romantic, Tudor, Farmhouse, etc.

So with a home purchase in Daybreak, we also get access to TONS of community activites, churches, stores and even a temple within walking distance, 35 miles of walking/jogging trails, an 85-acre lake with free sailboat, paddleboat, and kayak rentals for residents (and fishing, too).
That's just the beginning. So anyhow, Leo and I made an offer on a cute house, 3 bed 2.5 baths with basement...we will find out tomorrow if we got it or not. It is a foreclosure, but since almost ALL the homes in Daybreak are 2006 or newer, and there are strict community rules for the exterior appearances, it wasn't trashed like you hear of in other foreclosures. It's actually in move-in condition, we will just have to do our painting after we get our stuff in.

So here I have posted some pictures of the place...


The exterior of the house, obviously. We love the front porch (another feature at Daybreak, the great majority of the homes have front porches, to encourage sociality and also as a natural neighborhood watch). We obviously would have to do some landscaping here, but my brother-in-law Jake can help as he is a landscape architect (uhhh...Jake, can you help us with this?)

Looking from the living room into the dining room/kitchen area. I love the exposed brick wall in the dining room, and the red wall with the side buffet table is pretty cute!

And of course I love the black.

I'm not so sure about the dual colors on the cabinets, but that can be fixed! But overall, I think it has promise and it is a fairly blank slate that will allow me to do what I want with it

(Helloooo IKEA Design Center!!!!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled onto your blog while searching for something else. I live in Daybreak and write a blog about the community. Take a look and tell me what you think. daybreaktoday.blogspot.com