Friday, May 16, 2008

TOOLS!

I wasn't kidding when a few blogs ago, I said to look out for me wearing a tool belt, or maybe that was in an email I sent out to everybody announcing the house.

SO! I may have been a bit premature, we don't actually HAVE the house yet, we just have an accepted offer and we're just waiting on the bank (our bank and the bank that owns the house) to finalize everything. But we know we're going to be approved for the mortgage because we got a preapproval letter from our lender before starting our house shopping. A MUST, why go house shopping, fall in love with a house, only to find out you don't qualify? Plus, you are so much more attractive to sellers when you place a bid, because they know that you are serious!

Anyhow, I digress. The house is in move-in condition, but of course we want to put our touches on it, install new flooring, light fixtures, paint, etc.

To that end, I just bought my first set of power tools! I am now the proud owner of a jigsaw, a 1/3 sheet sander, a cordless screwdriver and a power drill! Black and Decker, 4 piece set from WalMart for $45! Individually, the tools would have been $70. The price is right, the quality is right and now I can begin to tackle my home projects (or at least using the power screwdriver to put together my IKEA furniture or putting up blinds/curtains and what not!)

0 comments: