Thursday, May 22, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend!

Wow, this is the first time in a couple of years that I get to celebrate Memorial Day weekend. First off, thank you to all the troops who are serving our country. My grandfather was a WWII Air Force pilot, so we used to go visit his grave every Memorial Day to pay our respects. He died in 1973 in a car accident, so I never got to know him, but from the stories I have heard, I have a great legacy to live up to.

Leo, Tiago and I are going to Chehalis, Washington tonight for Memorial Day weekend. Chehalis is about 1/2 way between Portland, Oregon and Seattle, about 20 minutes from Olympia and it's a beautiful place. My sister-in-law, Lili lives there with her husband, Mike and their son Christian who is 5 months younger than Tiago.

I'm excited to go meet Christian!!! He was born February 20 of 2008, which puts him at 5 months and 3 days younger than Tiago. The pictures I have seen of him are adorable, and I can't wait for him and Tiago to start being able to play together, and fight together (just like my cousin Meghan and I did when we were little), go on their missions together, go to college together...etc.

Happy Memorial Day to all of you, and be safe! It's a time for vacation, true, but lets not forget (hence the name Memorial) our veterans and troops!

3 comments:

Gabriela said...

Hi Jordanna!!! Hope you guys had a great weekend. Your little Tiago is looking sooooo cute! Hopefully we can hook up this summer when we are in Utah!

Maren said...

Jordy! I just discovered your blog - From Mim's blog I think. It has been fun seeing what you have been up to. And Tiago is sooo sooo cute! What a doll! Congrats on buying a house. I am so totally jealous!

Maren

erin said...

Funny how I was doing a google search for myself and found your blog! ha ha! I am glad I now have a way to "sorta" keep up with you more. :)