Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Welcome 2009

Welcome to the New Year!

I get excited at this time of year, not because it's snowing outside...I envy now those of my friends who are living in Hawaii or Brazil. As we all know, it's a time to clean the slate from 2008, reflect and set goals for 2009.

My resolutions always get out of control. I start out with the generals like "Lose Weight" or "Be More Patient" and then I have my bullet list underneath of how I'm going to acheive it. My bullet for "Be More Patient" is that I can just yell "Serenity NOW!" whenever I'm feeling bad....Seinfeld fans will get the joke.

So a shortened list for you all. This is just so I have it out there and in public!

*I resolve to blog regularly when I am at home, my Windows Calendar has been set to remind me every Wednesday to write a blog.

*Organize and scan all of our photos. I have then already in boxes sorted by "Leo" "Jordy" "Both" and "Tiago", I just need to sort by year, scan them and then organize them on the computer by labels (Windows Vista has this, so you don't need to go out and buy Photoshop Elements). I should have done this when I had all the time in the world before Tiago...oh well! This way we have a digital backup of all our photos in case of fire, I can just grab the harddrive and go.

*Keep up on 2009 scrapbooking (blogging will help with this!) and catch up on 2008.

*Lose weight (did you really think I wasn't going to make this resolution this year?)

*Learn to make tamales, sweet, chicken, pork, all sorts!

*Paint several rooms of the house and generally become a better DIY-er!

So there you have several of my big ones...hopefully you will see posts that pertain to the fulfillment of all of these sooner or later!

2 comments:

Jordanna said...

Hey to all those who read my blog. I got this comment from a person at a company who will scan your photos for you.

I published the comment as an FYI to any of you out there who might be interested, wealthy enough to afford it and lazy enough to pay somebody else to do this for you.

As a disclaimer, I can't vouch for them since I have not used their services. Have fun everybody!

Sarah said...

Great job on your resolutions. I think I will skip a list this year in light of being "realistic" as a resolution....Hey pretty sick right now so won't be going to gym...I miss you!