Friday, March 14, 2008

New Beginnings


Well, here I am at the beginning of a new project. I learned through a friend, Janelle Nutter who had in turn learned from a friend of hers, that online blogs can be published into a book. So this friend of hers decided to publish one book every year and use the blogs from that year as a sort of family history.



I thought this sounded like a great idea, keeping family history while keeping family and friends informed of our lives at the same time! I know that many aren't going to follow our lives through the blog, it is more for us and posterity than it is for anybody else! This is my second attempt at blogging, the first time, I tried to set up a blog on myspace.com but it didn't work out too well because not all my family and friends had a myspace account, so it didn't get out to as many people as I had hoped, besides I became disenchanted with the whole myspace experience, too many viruses and hackers made it extremely inconvenient to say the least.

I decided to call it Monkey business because that was a nickname that Leo had come up with for me, "Monkey" and then I really liked the Paul Frank Julius monkey clothes, and it just sort of morphed into a symbol for the family. Also, at every Family Home Evening, after the opening prayer, we conduct "Monkey Business," coordinating our weeks and discussing what's going on in our lives. So it seemed an appropriate title.


At the time of this writing, Tiago will be turning 6 months in 3 days, Leo is in Colombia for work and I am at home, writing this! I am currently doing a cleanse to help jump start a healthier lifestyle for myself and my family! We are in Mexico City, and we are moving back to Utah next month because of Leo's promotion to Field Development International Director of 4Life Research.

As part of this post, I decided to include pictures that I took of Tiago on Friday the 7th of March. I decided to strip Tiago down to his diaper and put a towel to cover his car seat (we don't have a high chair yet!). I was feeding him chayote (a squash) and rice cereal, but he decided he'd rather explore his feet and blow bubbles in his food than eat it.





0 comments: