Friday, December 12, 2008

Help! My 14 month old has surpassed me in technology!

Tell me if I'm going crazy, or do the kids pick up on technology at much younger ages these days?

I'm still in shock after witnessing Baby Monkey walk over to my DVD collection, pull out a DVD, then carry it over to the DVD player where he pushes the button to open it. After that, he deposits the DVD in the open tray, surveys it to make sure it's in correctly, and then oh-so-carefully pushes the button to close it. Then he looks at me as if to say "Yay, we're going to watch a movie!"

Leo is a witness to this, so I know I'm not hallucinating.

Next thing I know, he'll be using a handheld GPS system to find me if he ever gets lost in a store. Forget about ME using one to keep track of HIM, I'm sure he'll be much more proficient in using it, so it'll be him trying to keep track of me.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Haha...that's awesome. Julie has taken to playing with the remote control. I decided to take the batteries out of it after she one day

1) turned the DVD player on
2) switched discs
3) switched the TV to DVD mode
4) turned the DVD player back off again.

Jordanna said...

It's freaky, isn't it? I think when I was 14 months old, or 8 months like Julie...I was probably just babbling in my crib and figuring out this whole walking/crawling thing...NOT manually switching the channels on my parents' TV (pre-remote controls, haha) or adjusting the rabbit ears to get better reception...I think our kids are ready for Yale! :)

staci kling said...

Jordy
Wait till he gets a hold of the digital camera. My kids are pro's at using this technology. They even know how to delete pictures off of it. Which is not a great thing!!!