Friday, July 25, 2008

Alter-egos

Well, as I write, Leo should be waiting at the gate in Seoul, Korea for his return flight home. He leaves midnight Utah time and doesn't get in to Salt Lake until 4pm tomorrow afternoon...he's going to be tiiiirrrrred! After all the Japanese and Korean food he has had this week, he says that he is craving Mexican food.

What not to name your child
So get this. I'm watching the news this morning and one of the news reporter's name was Nineveh. Yup. Nineveh as in the city that Jonas in the Bible was commanded to go to and preach repentance, and he didn't want to go because he thought they were past repentance. What kind of person names their daughter after a sinful city? Maybe I should just name my next two kids Sodom and Gomorrah. To Nineveh's credit, they did repent and the Lord saved the city. But still!

My latest goal for this year
Start swimming again, (on a semi-competitive level?) - I really miss my swim team and water polo workouts from high school. Strange how I would miss the workouts that would be so tough that I would sometimes start dry heaving at the side of the pool. Is it possible to be addicted to chlorine? :) Maybe that's why I like to clean, the smell of chlorine in some of the cleaning products, hahaha. I need a coach, though to set up workouts and push me through them, I'm not likely to push myself hard enough to start dry heaving after my workouts! I heard that there is a Masters team (www.usms.org) in South Jordan, but I still need to verify the info first before I join.

Is there a need to protect our identities?
What do you think? As much as I like to share, I do realize that too much information could be dangerous. I mean, I just shared the fact with y'all that Leo is gone, where he is, when he's coming back, I've got pictures of my house posted on this blog and of Tiago. Hmm, perhaps this is the Spirit telling me to be careful and take precautions for the safety of myself and my family!

SO! I need to come up with alter-egos for Dear Hubby and Angel Child. My name will be Carmelita, as that was my Spanish name in college. Any ideas? I would use Guapo for Dear Hubby's alter-ego name...but my friend "Gabriela" already uses that for her husband. Perhaps I could have Dear Hubby be named from now EL Guapo, like in Three Amigos...what about Angel Child?

As for now I think the changing names and identifying information should be sufficient for now. To make the blog private and invitation only is too much of a hassel for others in my mind and also limits the possibility that old friends can stumbly upon my blog accidentally.

Good night for now! Still recovering from the cold...and if I go to sleep sooner, then it will SEEM like Dear Hubby is coming home quicker!

1 comments:

Janelle said...

I totally understand what you mean about making the blog private being a pain in the rear...trust me, I know. I had other reasons for doing it, which I'll tell you about in an email if you want.

I think you should refer to your hubby as "G" (for guapo, and because it sounds cool). Your little boy can just be "T" and you don't really need an alter-ego, since you probably won't ever refer to yourself in the 3rd person.

Here's a great Mexican food recipe for you (and pretty authentic too): http://www.recipezaar.com/138632. I used queso fresco instead of "farmer's" cheese."