Saturday, June 13, 2009

Free of Credit Card Debt - Free at last! :)

As of 10:25 AM on Friday, June 12 2009, Mr. Monkey and I are free of credit card debt!

I made the lum sum payments on mine and Mr Monkey's credit cards and I feel liberated!

This was made possible due to some awesome tax breaks we received last year, resulting in a HUMONGOUS tax refund. First, all taxes that we paid while living outside of the US while in the employ of a US comany, was returned to us. Then we had the $7500 tax credit, the child credit and a couple of other things that resulted in our taxable income being really small and the majority of our taxes refunded to us.

So now all that remains is to build up our savings, pay off our car loans (two of them), and pay back my mom and dad for some money they loaned to us. So we're not in the clear just yet, just MUCH closer to our goal. :)

1 comments:

Brooke said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That must be a great feeling. I am so proud of you.