Friday, January 23, 2009

Small confession

I was at IKEA the other day to buy some towel racks and hooks so I could better organize my closet (thanks to the January issue of the Martha Stewart magazine for the ideas), when I got out of the car and saw a dirty receipt on the ground (it'd obviously been run over a few times). I got the urge to bend over and pick it up.

For using your debit card, IKEA will give you a coupon good for 3% of the total value you spent that day for your next visit.

So as I looked at this dirty receipt that I had just picked up, I saw that it was good for 16 cents off my next debit card purchase, so I saved 16 cents that day!

Is this terrible/weird? Is this something you would have done? Was 16 cents worth it (mind you, I couldn't tell the total amount until I picked it up)?

0 comments: